The car rental industry is predicted to see a shortage of cars in the upcoming holiday season, and it’s not because people are buying more cars. It’s because there are simply fewer cars available for rent.
The why are rental cars so expensive right now 2021 is a question that has been asked by many travelers. It appears the car rental shortage is going to be an issue for the upcoming holiday season.
The epidemic has altered many areas of our lives and travel, but one of the most unexpected aspects of the pandemic’s effect on travel is the rise in rental vehicle costs.
Car rental businesses sold off a lot of their stock to make up for the lack of demand after the pandemic and ensuing lockdowns brought virtually all travel to a stop. They don’t have enough vehicles now to fulfill Americans’ need to go behind the wheel of a car that isn’t their own.
What’s Hot Right Now
The scarcity of rental cars and price increases are expected to persist throughout the Christmas season. Using data from its vehicle rental searches, KAYAK has already discovered that Christmas demand is up 230 percent from pre-pandemic levels, with the average daily rate up 75 percent from 2019.
So, how can individuals avoid the price increase? The ideal method to do so is to book your rental vehicle at least two weeks ahead of time in order to obtain a decent deal. However, given the scarcity of rental vehicles, you’ll probably want to book one even sooner.
Likewise, some cities will be more or less costly than others. KAYAK compiled a list of the top ten cheapest and most costly cities to hire a vehicle in, so you can decide which ones you should visit and which ones you should avoid.
The 10 cheapest cities to hire a vehicle are as follows:
– Alaska’s Anchorage – The cost of living in Anchorage is approximately $53 per day, which is 50% less than the national average.
– Fairbanks, Alaska – Rates in Fairbanks are $63 per day, which is 41% lower than the national average.
– California, Burbank – In Burbank, a rental vehicle costs an average of $68 a day, which is 36% less than the national average.
– The city of San Diego, California – San Diego vehicle rental prices are about $72 per day, which is 32% less than the national average.
Sacramento (California) – In Sacramento, travelers may hire a vehicle for approximately $78 per day, which is 27% less than the national average.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin is a city in the state of Wisconsin. Milwaukee’s prices are about $78 per day, which is roughly 27% less than the national average.
– Santa Ana, California (USA) – Renting a vehicle in Santa Ana costs approximately $81 per day, which is about 24% less than the national average.
– Cleveland, Ohio – Car rental prices in Cleveland are about $81 per day, which is around 24% lower than the national average.
– Washington, D.C. – Visitors visiting Seattle may hire a vehicle for approximately $81 per day, which is about 24% less than the national average.
Los Angeles, California is a city in the U.S. state of California. – The average daily fee in Los Angeles is $82, which is 23 percent lower than the national average.
Renting a vehicle in the most costly cities:
– Maui, Hawaiian Islands – On Maui, rental vehicles cost about $183 per day, which is a 72 percent increase over the national average.
Honolulu, Hawaii (AFP) – The average vehicle rental cost in Honolulu is $164 per day, up 54 percent over the national average.
– Lihue, Hawaii – Renting a vehicle in Lihue will cost $164 per day, representing a 54 percent increase in price.
– Jackson, Wyoming – Rental vehicle prices in Jackson are about $156 per day, up 47 percent from the national average.
– Kona, Hawaii – Kailua Rental vehicles in Kailua are approximately 44% more expensive than the national average, costing about $153 per day.
– Hilo, Hawaii – Car rental prices in Hilo are about $152 per day, which is up 43% from the national average.
– Montana’s Bozeman – Visitors to Bozeman will spend approximately 35% more than the national average daily cost for vehicle rentals, which is about $143 per day.
COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO (AP) — Daily vehicle rental prices in Colorado Springs are about $121 per day, which is a 14 percent increase over the national average.
– South Carolina’s Myrtle Beach – Travelers renting a vehicle in Myrtle Beach will spend approximately $120 per day, which is 13% higher than the national average.
Salt Lake City (Utah) – Salt Lake City’s vehicle rental prices are approximately $119 per day, which is up 12% from the national average.
If the price of a rental vehicle (and perhaps everything else) is more important to you than the destination, and you’re eager to get away from your home office and go exploring, consider going to a less-visited location.
The where are there rental car shortages is a common question that people ask when they want to travel somewhere. There is a predicted shortage of cars for the upcoming Holiday Season, so it’s important to know where you can rent a car.
- rental car shortage florida 2021
- car rental shortage 2021
- when will rental car shortage end
- rental car shortage enterprise
- rental cars summer 2021