A list of things to do while cruising this holiday season.
The “carnival cruise line news” is a podcast that discusses the latest happenings in the world of travel. The podcast covers topics such as what’s happening with Carnival Cruise Line, what are some fun things to do in Miami and much more.
Welcome to the Cruise Radio News Brief for December 12, 2021, where we take a look back at the cruise news from the previous week, as well as our weekly podcast and highlighted articles.
(Margaritaville at Sea provided the rendering.)
1. The Carnival Horizon was pulled out of service earlier this month for continuing propulsion maintenance. The ship will remain out of service until the end of the year, thus the Christmas and New Year’s Eve sailings will be canceled.
Carnival Sunshine and Carnival Liberty will resume operations in December to compensate for the displaced passengers. Both ships are scheduled to depart from PortMiami.
2. Jimmy Buffett’s lifestyle brand, Margaritaville, has announced that a cruise ship would be launched from Palm Beach, Florida.
The old Grand Classica will now be known as Margaritaville Paradise, and two-night cruises from Florida to Grand Bahamas Island will continue. The ship is scheduled to return to service on April 30, 2022, after undergoing major renovation.
3. Royal Caribbean revealed some interesting data to commemorate a year at sea. The Singapore-based Quantum of the Seas was the first ship to return to operation. Adventure of the Seas began seven-night sailings from Nassau, Bahamas, in June 2021. In July 2021, the service will resume from PortMiami and Seattle.
More than half a million passengers have traveled since the restart, and 21 ships have returned to operation. Since June 2021, the line’s own island has witnessed 168 port visits with 295,465 passengers.
4. On Wednesday, the Norwegian Dawn sailed from Tampa to the Caribbean for a 12-night journey. Protesters greeted the ship the following day at Key West.
Large cruise ships do not need to stop at the port, according to locals and boaters, since the harbor is too shallow. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis overruled a decision to prohibit cruise ships earlier this year, claiming that local governments cannot interfere with marine trade, including cruise ships.
5. Virgin Voyages gave 500 cabins to Baptist Health South Florida’s health care personnel. The cruise company chose 250 winners, each of whom earned two rooms, one for themselves and the other for their guests.
Everything You Need to Know About Jimmy Buffett’s Cruise Ship is Featured Article
We go down the changes that will occur during the Grand Classica’s four-month multimillion-dollar dry dock as it transforms into a floating Margaritaville.
This Week’s Podcast: Norwegian Star Review
A seven-night Greek Isles trip aboard Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Star is reviewed. Matt from RoyalCaribbeanBlog responds to a question regarding having children tested before a vacation cruise. Richard Simms, a staff writer on the Carnival Mardi Gras, joined us from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Click here to listen to the most recent edition of the Cruise Radio podcast.
Watch This Video-
- us cruises